The Supreme Ultimate TV/Movie for Taijiquan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Supreme Ultimate TV/Movie for Taijiquan

So often I have seen queries about which movie best shows Shaolin Kungfu or Taijiquan at their most realistic. Well, for Shaolinquan, there is the arguable Huang Feihong series by Jet Li.

But way beyond any room for argument when it comes to Taijiquan is the unbeatable China TV series "Taiji Zongshi" 太极宗师.. It covers the full gamut of training from zhan zhuang to weapons. The fun part is that it is a biography of the great Yang Luchan, with fictionalised names but still recognisable. Any Taijiquan enthusiast must watch this. I just sent my only set over to China, where it is strangely not available, and am ordering a new set.

The series shows how Taijiquan is used against all Kungfu styles and includes that epic 3 day fight with Bagua master Dong Haichuan. The only drawback is that it is all in Mandarin Chinese, but look at it this way - those who are learning the language can pick it up the fun way.
    百德以孝为先
    Persevere in correct practice

That sounds great! Do you know where someone living in Europe might get this?
    “Greatness lies not in never falling, but in rising after every fall"

Comment

'Fraid not, if it is difficult to obtain even in China. Maybe if you are attending an intensive course this year, I could bring one set over (provided it is even available). It is out of stock in Singapore and I don't really want to get the Taiwanese version since it was doctored in some way.

Try this website : www.wu-jing.net (name of the star in the show)
      百德以孝为先

Comment

sounds fantastic!

Ni3 Hao3 Zhang,

I don't seem to be able to load the English version of that website.

You know, I'm going to be at the special review courses in December and as a Taijiquan practitioner who has also just started on the long and fascinating path of learning Mandarin, I would be delighted if you were able to find me a copy of the series.

Either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you in December

Best wishes,
        Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Zhang,

I would be very interested in getting a copy as well. I will be at the Kung fu course and the review course as well. And I have also recently started learning Mandarin

Obviously I don't want you to have your luggages packed with videos, so if it's easy for you to get one, I would be very interested, otherwise, "a la cool", and looking forward to meeting you as well!

This review course will be something to remember!
          Hubert Razack
          www.shaolinwahnam.fr
          www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Please guys, it is Wuji to friends.

I think it is also not nice to call friends by their surnames in the West as well. So, please call me Wuji.

I can only bring one set cos in VCD there are about 30 of them! I hear the DVD version has come out, so I may get that. It would be more expensive though. VCD is about US$25 and DVD maybe double that. OK with you guys?

Finally, please let me add the disclaimer that it may not be available at all. It is notoriously hard to find.....
            百德以孝为先

Comment

Hi Wuji,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Are you buying it from YesAsia? I found they're not available in the US site but their global site seem to have them in stock. http://global.yesasia.com/en/artIdxD...c/version-all/

Yixin
              It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. -- The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

Ni hao Wuji,

Duibuqi!

Hi Yixin,

Thanks for the link. I'll try and order it from them.

Salut Hubert,

I posted something for you in the Chinese section of the forum.
                Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Hi guys

I ordered 2 sets from my brick and mortar vendor and should know by next week whether the order was successful. Anyone interested?
                  百德以孝为先

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji
                    I ordered 2 sets from my brick and mortar vendor and should know by next week whether the order was successful. Anyone interested?
                    Hi Wuji,

I'm interested. Yesasia's global site doesn't ship to US and their US site doesn't have it. Would you be willing to ship one to me and find out how much is shipping to zip 78681?

Yixin
                    It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. -- The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

Sure, Yixin

I will check. Do you prefer VCD or DVD? Please send me a Private Message for details. Don't ask me how to use a PM, though.....

Last I checked, no stock yet. Bummer!
                      百德以孝为先

Comment

Hi Wuji,

Sorry about the surname / first name confusion!

I didn't realize there was so many discs. I will probably try to order the DVD version from that online store, then. Thanks anyway for the offer!
                        Hubert Razack
                        www.shaolinwahnam.fr
                        www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Working...
                        X